wake boat advice

inist2001

Recruit
I bought in May Nautique 230 and started to get problems from those boat. In several days engine completely broken and I had to wait till engine was changed. During summer time I use this boat just one month. Last week engine again completely broken and now I would like to return this boat to Nautica company.
I would like to buy new one with good quality. My budget around 100 k. And I am looking for Sea-Doo,Yamaha boat. They both use water jet system. Why it is not so popular in professionals boat. Why this company are not popular. Is there big different in wave if boat uses They produce boats with good quality. Please give me advice what boat will not provide me big problems.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: wake boat advice

Seadoo and Yamaha are plenty popular. Just not for wake boats. They make nice boats, but if you want a solid, professional wake, you need a boat built for it, like any of the big name wake boats: Mastercraft, MB, Supra, Wakecraft. With your budget, you won't have any problems finding something.

Very strange the problems you had with a Nautique. Those are a high quality boat.

mxfever

Petty Officer 1st Class

Seadoo and Yamaha are plenty popular. Just not for wake boats. They make nice boats, but if you want a solid, professional wake, you need a boat built for it, like any of the big name wake boats: Mastercraft, MB, Supra, Wakecraft. With your budget, you won't have any problems finding something.

Very strange the problems you had with a Nautique. Those are a high quality boat.

Very strange indeed! I would get in touch with the district rep and see if they can get you a new boat. When you spend that kind of money you shouldn't have problems like that right off that bat.

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had the same problem with my Nautique, but it started with the TRANNY and eventually went to the motor. Major disapointment for me as well. I would be PLENTY happy with a Yamaha (as Seadoo dealers are a but harder to find anymore-around here anyways), but as mentioned they are not very popular for wakeboarding. If you are really into wakeboarding check out a Mastercraft. The way the economy is though just be sure to check they will be around a while (we know Yamaha will be)........

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I happen to think that Yamaha make REALLY nice, well, everything damn near (including car audio, which they don't do anymore, but I digress). So I definitely would be happy with a new Yamaha, but most serious boarders won't ride behind a jet drive.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nautique does not make the engine or driveline, pcm does. Same engine tranny in MB Sports, Centurion, and many others. Also Nautiques are fully warranted for 5 years, and PCM warranties the engine.

Thus, something does not add up here? :confused:

Hansolo99

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nautique does not make the engine or driveline, pcm does. Same engine tranny in MB Sports, Centurion, and many others. Also Nautiques are fully warranted for 5 years, and PCM warranties the engine.

Thus, something does not add up here? :confused:

Well that may be true, but IF you have owned one you would know that you have to go straight through NAUTIQUE to get any warranty service done. They decide "IF" they want to fix it. The 5 year warranty you speak about is for what they call "QUALIFIED REPAIRS" again they decide it is written in the fine print.

2 days after I bought mine the trailer brakes locked up on a trip to a local lake. I was told that I must have sunk the trailer as the master cylinder on the trailer was rusted, now remember this was 2 days after taking possesion of it and NO I did not sink it. They took 2 weeks to decide that it would be fixed but since the trailer was not made by them (like PCM) I would have to pay the trailer company directly and after the work was done Nautique would reimburse me (which they did almost 2 months later) (and YES they can do this read the warranty it's in fine print I know I owned one)).

My TRANNY had a leak from the day I bought it, but because they refused to pull it out and look and decided it was from what spilled from when they filled it (after the yearly service same answer) they did not warranty it when it finally went. After $3,500.00 for a NEW TRANS the motor started knocking. I now own a Bayliner which by the way is the brand of boat I started out with and am as happy as can be although nothing comes close to a real SKI BOAT for wakeboarding and such.

I am in NO way saying it always happens, but it happens. Even if your the only one it happens to you are not happy. I wish I would have been smarter and got a lemon law attorney and had them buy it back. I took a $8,000.00 loss and got rid of it. Just what happened to me and YES it adds up IF you owned it and it happened to you.........