Help on Boat Purchase

chris9681

Recruit
I have a friend that wants to sell his 2009 Triton 240 LTS Pro saltwater bay boat with a 2009.... Mercury 250 Pro XS Motor with a little over 200 hrs on the whole rig?? My question is what would a good price be for this boat. It is in very good condition. Also.. The boat is fully loaded what do you think this set up costs brand new?? Any response will help...... Thanks:redface:

cwhite6

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Help on Boat Purchase

Tritons are real common around here. They are thought of real high here. That boat brand new is going to be pretty dang expensive. I know their TR195 with a 200hp here is in the low $40k's. That bought on NADA without the engine is $22000 on the high end with no options added.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: Help on Boat Purchase

first, be sure you want a "bay boat" design. They aren't the same as a deep V; each has its advantages and disadvantages.
Find out wh he's selling it. At least, sinc eyou know him, you can get a good sea trial out of it.
If it is rigged and he's selling all all the toys you will be way ahead. Even routine stuff like antennas, anchor/line, rod holders, flares are expensive. A good gps/depth finder with transponder is a grand+.
If he bought a new trailer, you are going to have to absorb that. Shame. I understand the debate about buying a new boat v. used but can't understand paying for a new trailer unless you really really need that comfort.
You are going to spend some money on it, but his loss is at least 25% of what he paid last year. just be sure the price is based on his boat, not his needs.