Strange but true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I saw a woman sitting on the curb of a near by street smoking. I assume she worked at the adult care center behind her, Even though the street is wide and the speed limit is 35 I thought to myself that she was not in a safe place . Early today a news report tells of a woman killed when hit by a car near where I saw this woman. Sure enough I rode by and in the same spot where she was sitting in now a wreath of flowers.....Its seems that a young woman driver "was distracted" and even though going slow lost control and struck the victim.....I didnt have the right to stop and warn the lady of a remote danger from sitting there but now wish I would have. I wonder what the driver was doing instead of watching the road.( I will give you one guess)..Someone is now dead because of her and I hope she goes to jail.

Summer Fun

Banned
Re: Strange but true

Well just don't blame the girl driving !!. What about the dumb ***** sitting on the curb ??

Who does that now a days crack *****s & hookers maybe ??
I saw a woman sitting on the curb of a near by street smoking
Smoking WHAT ??

I think theres more to this story. :confused:

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Probably smoking a cigarette her dumb municipality has made it illegal to smoke just about anywhere but the middle of the street. So now because of some mickey mouse smoking laws a lady is dead. And her employer a healthcare provider a company of which cigarettes have practically been a gold mine too says cigs are no good and get off the "campus" with them. For shame.

Fairlane you cant second guess that man she probably would not have moved anyway so what can ya do ?
Sad story tho.

I havent smoked cigarettes for a good 3 years now but I before i had a daughter in the car with me I loved smoking cigs, damn expensive nowemdays tho.

TilliamWe

Banned

I actually agree with fairlaneman on this. (To my horror! ;) ) It's the fault of the girl who was driving. Should the lady have been there? No. But she was, and she was out in the open and obvious. Just because she shouldn't have been there, doesn't mean you can run her over!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Well just don't blame the girl driving !!. What about the dumb ***** sitting on the curb ??

Who does that now a days crack *****s & hookers maybe ??
Smoking WHAT ??

I think theres more to this story. :confused:

Man that is one cold remark Summer Fun. The last time I checked any pedestrian has the right of way regardless who they are. That woman may have children that she is a mother to or someones wife. Good grief, smoking or not, she didn't deserve to loose her life to a distracted driver. What if it was a small child? I'm sure the driver of the car is going to carry this with her for a long long time.

gonefishie

Commander

Speaking of strange thing sitting on the curb. Early last week on my afternoon commute, I saw this car park crooked at the entrance of a driveway off a busy city street. I thought odd, then on second look there was a woman squatting beside the car, her back facing the street, a cell phone in her ear, her skirt hiked up exposed her behind. All I can gathered was this chick really needed to take a #1 or #2 and can't possibly hold it any longer so she just pulled over. :D

Summer Fun

Banned

Whoa Whoa !!, Lets find out the FULL story on this !!. Before any stones are thrown. :eek:

The last time I checked any pedestrian has the right of way regardless who they are.
Not sitting on the curb they DON'T !!. :eek:

Whoa Whoa !!, Lets find out the FULL story on this !!. Before any stones are thrown. :eek:

Yo..Before you jump to any more conclusions let me give you more info. The curb is directly beside A SIDEWALK. I guess you an say her rear was on the sidewalk and her legs were bent over the curb and only her feet in the street. This is a residential street with speed bumps and children playing all over the place. It also happened at around 8 am when it was bright daylight. She didnt see the danger I guess even though I did. Im sure she was there because "the rules" said no smoking anywhere on the property even outside. Its adds up . Also to lose control of a car going at a slower speed because of a "distraction" means it was a very BIG distraction as cell phones have proven to be. I hope they dont go easy on this killer.even if she is a 16 year old but I didnt catch her real age. ps why would the mods have a problem with my thread.. We discuss boat safety and stupid mistakes all the time.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Actually, even if she is staggering down the middle of the street, she has the right-of-way.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I sure wish whatever it is that is causing this rash of bad tempered, bad news, depressing, posting would go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.