Help!

krisstock2003

Recruit
We just purchased a 1972 19' Fiberform Runabout, It has a 155 horse OMC V-6 Model# HUFM-21s and Serial# W221232. I have been searching the net for hours and cannot find anything on it. I am in need of timing, point dwell, & point set. Also there is a wire that looks like it is supposed to be connected to the alt and its hot with the key off it also has some type of resistor on the end of it that is burnt up. Can anyone give us some info on these problems? It would be greatly appreciated!!<br />E-Mail me if you prefer krisstock2003@hotmail.com

Fouled Plug

Ensign
Re: Help!

Kris, your engine is a Buick based powerplant. A manual is available right on this site for about $28, and worth every cent. :)

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Dear Kris,<br /><br />You have posted this TWICE. Once in Project Boats and once here, under Mercury Outboards - of all places!<br /><br />Look under your post in Project Boats for answers.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to I/O

krisstock2003

Recruit

Sorry fellas kinda new to this. Posted my topic in more than one place hopeing someone that knew what they were talkin about would lend me a helping word of wisdom. Won't do it again. I looked in Project boats UU didnt see my topic think it was deleted? I do have a manual on the way just wanting to get at it so thought I'd ask for help to get started. Anyone know a good place to get a carb rebuild kit? Its a rochester 2bbl # 7026180. Found out that this carb was made in 1966. Does this mean carb is not original or motor too is 1966? Anyways found carb identification page on internet and learned of this. Any help would be great. :)