So what do we think?

jwalk721

Cadet
New guy here and you all have a great site. I'm trying to figure out model boat I have. I have it narrowed down to either a Kingfisher or a Mariner. It's a 1976 and measures a little over 16'.

Attachments

• 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 3

86 century

Ensign
Re: So what do we think?

I would not rule out a heavily modified SS. The console looks like an ss and I have never seen that splash well before.

MaddysDaddy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

post all dimentions, and more pics of the hull, and the hin numbers on the hull.........wiat a day or two.............im sure someone can tell you what you got............................congrats on the "new" boat and welcome to iboats

jwalk721

Cadet

The dimensions are: 52" on bottom at transom and 60" at the widest point at the top. It's 16' and a few inches long. I have no idea what a hin number is or where to find it but the model# on the plate by the console says its a Model KF 16 O/B. That's why I was thinking it was a Kingfisher. What got me confused was I seen someone on here restoring a Mariner and he showed an old brochure in one of his posts and the boat looked exactly like mine. i appreciate all of the help.

jwalk721

Cadet

Here's a few more pics and what I think might be the HIN #. STRC71640777-F8.

Attachments

• 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Huron Angler

Admiral

They did make a Mariner that was a side console for a bit, most are center console.

It seems to me that it's a Kingfisher, maybe check some of the brochures(link in my signature) to make sure. I don't know of another model that would be abbreviated "KF".

Based on the HIN it's a 1977 hull.

Nice rig, perfect for rivers and lake fishing:D

jwalk721

Cadet

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure it's a Kingfisher but can't find any pics to verify. I found a bunch of mariner pics that look just like it though. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it floats:) I haven't had to do much to it yet but fix a leaky (ie missing) rivet. I would like to add some more storage and some bench seats in the back for when I take my 2 boys out.

It's perfect for the rivers and the lakes here in northern Indiana now all I have to do is catch some fish.

It's funny you responded to my thread because I was literally just looking through yours of your Starcraft resto. Great job! It looks great.

64osby

Admiral
I say a 16' Mariner. Looks great except that the benches have been removed. The benches usually provide structural support for the hull.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure it's a Kingfisher but can't find any pics to verify.

Pretty neat SC, I like it!

I say a 16' Mariner. Looks great except that the benches have been removed. The benches usually provide structural support for the hull.

I thought I saw another post in there ^^^ somewhere reviving the 4yr old thread before WM posted. Perhaps it's related to why the pix didn't post either....

EDIT - You are correct, JB. A totally unrelated post was made and deleted. Unfortunately, since a reply was made to an old topic, it still shows activity even with the post being deleted. BTW - I'm doing an edit instead of a post so this oldie by a missing member sinks back beneath the waves without showing a new post. Also, I/m sure I saw the the pics WM & 64 posted. I get confused by some of the forum strangeness. GA_B

Last edited by a moderator:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yah I thought it was the OP who posted it back to life????