04 tldi 70

mrrobert56

Recruit
can you disconect oil injetion on a 04 tldi 70 hp?or what steps should i take to keep it going out

pvanv

Admiral
Re: 04 tldi 70

No.

If a TLDI were to operate for any length of time without oil pressure, it would self destruct.

TLDI (Two-stroke Low-pressure Guel Injection) is a DFI system... the fuel is directly injected into the combustion chamber. You still need to lubricate the bearings, since unlike premixed carbed models, the fuel does not flow through the crankcase.

What is it you want to do, and why?

mrrobert56

Recruit

thank you very much for the anwser.most people i know take oil tanks off.this not what i need to do.guess i woried about oil pump stop working and sezie up.have no problems with my motor.is there any oil filters that i need to change to maintain it.than robert

pvanv

Admiral

Just be sure you run TCW-3 oil that is rated for a DFI motor, and you should be fine. TLDI motors are pretty reliable, but do need periodic servicing, just like any modern outboard. If you want to do that yourself, I highly recommend a Factory service manual, available from any dealer, including me.

mrrobert56

Recruit

thank you very much for your time.i think ill let the dealer cheak it out.have a great day.robert