Almost free 7 ft wakeboard pillon DIY

andrewbabich

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Wakeboard poles can be wicked cheap. All you really need are good rachet straps and what self respecting male does'nt already have a ton of those laying around anyway. Heres what I did.

Go to you junkyard/ town dump. Go through the scrap pile. Get yourself a nice pole. Mine always has a ton of them. I've used thick exhaust tubing before, but later upgraded and got what I think is some some thick vacuum cleaner piping. Sounds crazy I know. Then I spray painted it black to match the black and yellow theme of my 1972 tri hull. (Classy I know.)

Now get some wood. Put a hole it in to place the pole in, but don't have the hole go all the way through so that the pole rests on the wood not your floor. Wrap the wood in thin rubber. Bam! Now you won't have to drill it to the floor anymore. The rubber will hold it down in place with the force from the ratchet straps.

Now get you some nice colored ratchet straps. Four of em. I tried three.... Not a good idea. That pole liked to sway a lot when you go way outside the wake.... Two up front is way better and more stable. Put two at the front and one at each back corner. Put all four hooks up in that nice lil junkyard pole now.

Now heres the beautiful part. Where do you put the rope???? Well through the circles on the back two strap hooks on the back two rachet straps up by the pole.

I was using blue and red straps and my boat looked awful. Then for 22 billz I upgraded to black straps. What a difference. People at my launch site are so confused they think I've got a sailboat or something. Its hilarious.

I'd post pictures but I don't know how.

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Almost free 7 ft wakeboard pillon DIY

That sounds great! I would love to see pics of your set up. I am confused on the wooden part that sits on the floor...