Home made boarding Ladder.

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer
I have attached 3 pictures of our boat on land. One is of our homemade ladder so my wife can get in the boat.

Attachments

• Willie, Llyods Cr.Aug.7 2010 018.jpg
    Willie, Llyods Cr.Aug.7 2010 018.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Willie, Llyods Cr.Aug.7 2010 019.jpg
    Willie, Llyods Cr.Aug.7 2010 019.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Willie, Llyods Cr.Aug.7 2010 020.jpg
    Willie, Llyods Cr.Aug.7 2010 020.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 0

Traceyh

Seaman
Re: Home made boarding Ladder.

The ladder looks strangely like half a step ladder.

Silver Eagle

A step ladder takes up to much room on the boat.I use it sometimes when the water get's to deep to get back on the boat. I just hang it over the side.

Micahhaase

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a ladder built into the trailer for when its up on dry land and I have a built in ladder on the front of the pontoon that slides into a braket when not in use and its up and out of the way. when im swimming all i have to do is pull it out and then it sits at a nice little angle..That way I dont have to mess with having a ladder in the way up on the deck.

Silver Eagle

I looked at a slider in the front ,but a friend of mine said that he forgot to put it up one day and bent the crap out of it before he found out what the ladder had done to the front of the boat.I would still need to get in from the side for my wife. I've seen ladder steps that go up on the trailer to the front but thats to hard to get up to the first step.When you get old you'll see what I mean. You see My wife gets up the Ladder in the parking lot then I put the boat in the water then when it's my turn, She opens the side door and I just walk in from the Dock. So easy no problem Same when docking.

Engreps

Seaman Apprentice

I have a folding ladder for sale. It ataches to the top of the deck if anyone is interested.
I can take some pictures this weekend if anyone is interested...

Micahhaase

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I looked at a slider in the front ,but a friend of mine said that he forgot to put it up one day and bent the crap out of it before he found out what the ladder had done to the front of the boat.I would still need to get in from the side for my wife. I've seen ladder steps that go up on the trailer to the front but thats to hard to get up to the first step.When you get old you'll see what I mean. You see My wife gets up the Ladder in the parking lot then I put the boat in the water then when it's my turn, She opens the side door and I just walk in from the Dock. So easy no problem Same when docking.

we have acually forgot the ladder was down and everytime its been left down it was quickly remembered as it shoots water up onto the deck... When I see this i will stop the boat and pull it up.. But the one on ours isn't one we just went out and bought we modified the old ladder made our own brackets out of steel and it is very sturdy. If anyone is interested I can take some pictures this weekend

Jobless Recovery

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Please take some pictures because I want to get something like that for ours. Thanks!!

spingley

Seaman

It does have an eerie resemblance to half a step ladder! :)

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I used an old pool ladder with a home made aluminum bracket on my boat. It's a bit gangly but nice for both in and out of the water boarding. If I can find a pic I'll post one.

This isn't the best picture of it but you can see the ladder sticking up on the port side in the stern. I moved a side gate to the rear to make for a rear entry also.

tritoonproject036.jpg

Last edited: