84 Evinrude 35hp

vincelong

Cadet
Just installed brand new water pump today and hooked her up to the muffs, Why cant I get water to come out the pee hole. Is the thermostat stuck closed? Do I need a thermostat? There is water coming out of every other orface that it is supposed to just not the pee hole. What could be blocking it. Didnt hit any sand or mud. Is there a way to reverse the water through the engine water jackets to clear the tube?

vincelong

Cadet
Re: 84 Evinrude 35hp

checked the pee hole itself not blocked, checked the tube from the engine not blocked, took the fitting of the engine and looked in not blocked. Any help would be much appreciated.

blimp

Petty Officer 1st Class

pee hole is before the thermostat, i bet its just a block in the line somewhere. if you disconnect the lil hose from the block does water come out? stick a safety pin or something in there to clear up any dirt or mud.

vincelong

Cadet

tried that and no water comes out. I am stumped, The pee hole is before the thermostat? Why cant I complete the loop what else could it possibly be?

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

blimp is correct, the tell-tale bleeds off water before the thermostat, it should show the pump pressure. If it is not blocked, are you sure you got the water tube installed in the pump correctly?
Maybe try blowing air into the fitting on the block and see if you can here the air coming out somewhere.