Pledge? Protects Boats

longstand

Petty Officer 1st Class
haha..

i just wanted to say that.. my boat looks like if it was Trast. it was all chucky looking for several years. so the way i maid it look new in no time for less than $20..

I got some Vinegar from the $99.00 cents store. and put half water/half vinegar.

i clean the whole boat out. i heard that vinegar cleans the gelcoat good.

!!!!

after i have clean the boat really good. and made sure it was no dirt or oil anywhere.. i use Pledge? wood care without lemon. and i also made sure it was not the Pledge? Aerosol type..

i use this:: LINK below..
http://www.scjohnson.com.au/products/pledge/images/S051889-3D%5Brgb%5D-PLEDGE-CLEAN-&-REVITALISE-ALOE-TRIGGER-500ML.jpg

.. it made the boat all shinny looking and new.. looks so good i be damm.

its been weeks already and still SHINY. and it on the sun all day long.. its weird but the side of the boat that has been SUN the most is the one that looks better.. it seems like the SUN BURN the OIL into the Gel-coat pores.

I also heard that using Pledge? only last for a few days. but it work wonder for me... also i have not taken the boat into the water yet. so i have no clue if the Pledge? will be remove ones it hit the SALT water.. if it does i will let you guest know.

Try it.. why not.

---
just to let you know.. iam no expert so. i have no clue if this will be a good idea for your gelcoat... i got this TIP from a Boat Detailer. and he said it will work really good.

reelfishin

Captain
Re: Pledge? Protects Boats

I had a boss years ago that swore by the stuff on used cars, it was his trick to make junk shine. It actually does work for a while.
I used it to clean my tool box with.

I'm sure there's better suited product but it was cheap and on hand.
I don't doubt that it would shine up old gel coat as well. I'm just not sure how long it would last.

Along the same lines, I had a buddy that would wipe his old car down with auto trans fluid to make it shine, it looked great till the first dirt road or driveway he drove down.