1994 mercury 25 hp no spark........

jimdd810

Chief Petty Officer
1994 Mercury 25hp serial number 0g153892 Seapro/Marathon. Customer hooked up battery cables backwards. I had to replace the solenoid, rectifier. Motor ran great for awhile then customer called me and told me that when he shifted the motor it would die. Then a few days later he called again and said it wouldnt start at all. I went out there and no spark of course. I did the test on the switch box found it was bad. I also checked the trigger coil found it at 703 ohms a little lower than speck but not way out. I replaced the switch box and still no spark. Rechecked every thing and still same readings i checked all the wires and still the same.
My dva stb so I ordered a new one today it should be here Monday at the latest. I disconnected the stop circuit and still no go.
I know the neutral start switch is only going to cut power so there should be no issues with that since I put it in gear and it will not even turn over. Any ideas would be a big help!

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1994 mercury 25 hp no spark........

I would check the stator coils first to see if within ohm spec's and DVA voltage,if so replace the pack as reversing cables will damage kill circuit in pack..
HS........................... 100 -- 180 W (RED -- BLK)
LS........................ 2900 -- 3500 W (BLUE -- BLACK)
Pack Diode test....... 2800 -- 3400 W (RED -- BLUE)
Trigger.....(R X100).........6.5-8.5

jimdd810

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1994 mercury 25 hp no spark........

I did replace the switch box so that is new and I also tested the new one to make sure.