Searching for a good locking gas cap

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander
I currently have the stack cap on my rig a Perko 1319DPGWHT it works great except when it comes to thieves I have had 2 tanks siphoned in the last 2 years and really don't want to experience it again. I have looked at Perkos web site and haven't seen anything that looks to be usable without modification to the hull (which I don't want to do) any suggestions anr links would be great I do like the current style but it just doesn't lock. Thanx in advance.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: Searching for a good locking gas cap

I used this on my last boat and I'm getting one for this boat. It doesn't look like much at first, but it works great.

It fits down inside the original gas fill, sort of like a plug. The curved handle is also the key. When the key opens the lock, the key can't come out and serves as the lock's handle. When you put the lock in place and turn the key, the lock springs open, blocking the fuel fill and the key comes out. It also lets the stock gas cap fit overtop of the lock.

I was really impressed at how well it was engineered and how well it worked. It can't fall into the gas fill because of the lip on the inside of the tank cap.

This site has it for $30.00. I've seen it for as low as $20.00.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NJ6AXO/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00144AIAI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=193HHGZ332Y865932QVW

45Auto

Commander

I've been using the same thing as Fireman341 in my boat for 3 years. It works great.

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

Thanx for the replies guys. I never thought of even using that but now I will give it a shot