1989 force 125 hp ignition problems

mountainflier

Recruit
I have no spark on #1. How do I determine if the problem is the coil, CDI box, stator, or trigger? I put different coil on #1; still no spark..I have a spare CDI to try.. Do the outputs from the cdi have to go specifically to #1 or #2 or can they go to either? How do I determine if the stator and trigger are working properly? Please help!!

shytownborn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1989 force 125 hp ignition problems

to check your stator, take a volt - ohm meter set it to ohms now take the probes and go across the stator wires that feed the first cdi, usually yellow blue then do the second set for the other cdi your readings for a good stator should be between 600 to 800 ohms on each pair, to check the trigger with the meter still on ohms check the pairs for the respective cylinders, they should read some where between 46 to 49 ohms. just my 2 cents if your stator was bad you'd loose two cylinders that wouldnt fire, since you've tried putting a new coil on the dead one that kinda rules out the coil, if you get no reading on your meter for the dead cylinder on the trigger thats you're problem, if all trigger outputs check ok then probable cdi

Unforcefull Force

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1989 force 125 hp ignition problems

Also, double check the ground wire on the back of the component rack that goes to that coil. Make sure there is no corrosion/good contact.

-Mark