Adding Accessories / Speakers to 08' Glastron GT 205

COtto1984

Cadet
I'm considering having this professionally done, but would like to tackle it myself depending on a couple things. Let me first begin by what I'm trying to achieve:

For starters, I want to add this accessory panel to my driver side console:
http://www.iboats.com/Spray-Proof-5...5205824--**********.136848200--view_id.483788

The first accessory I want to attach to this panel is this spotlight, which comes with a Standard Perko socket to wire up. The spec says this light draws 5.5 amps. I believe I want to put the light on the front of the boat, behind the navigation lights:
http://www.magnalight.com/p-1646-go...light-with-stanchion-post-running-lights.aspx

The second accessory I want to add, connected the switch panel I mentioned above is another 12v accessory plug, on the passenger side console near the audio unit. This should be pretty easy, but my biggest concern right now for all the items I mentioned above is "how to run the wire". I want to do a "professional job", no shortcuts.

On to the audio system. I've eventually going to change on the head unit, but I understand how to do that completely. I want to add two speakers on the front of the boat, similiar to how the GT 225 Glastron is built:
http://glastron.com/us/models/bowriders/bowrider-gt/gt-225-bowrider/
Is this possible? I don't want to cut out holes and not have enough room.

I eventually want to add a wake board tower. Should I wait and put some speakers on the tower? Probably a better idea now that I'm typing this.

Okay, like I said before, I'm concerned about running the wire, selecting the correct gauge, having the right protection, etc. Has anyone tackled such on animal on this particular boat? Can you offer advice and your opinions on achieving the above? Thanks in advance!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Adding Accessories / Speakers to 08' Glastron GT 205

What size wire you use for the accessory sockets depends on what you plan to plug into them. You cannot plug a 10 amp device into an outlet that is wired with 16 gauge wire and protected by a 10 amp fuse. The fuse will likely blow immediately. Anything that draws less than 10 amps can be wired with 16 gauge wire. Anything more than that requires 14 gauge.

NYBo

Admiral

That fancy light has navigation lights in addition to the spotlight. You will need to disable one set of=r the other.

COtto1984

Cadet

Correct, I will most likely disable the navigation lights on the spotlight. The only items I plan to plug into the 12v accessory plugs would be some type of interior lighting (LED's), cell phone chargers, FM Transmitter, etc.

COtto1984

Cadet

Well after further research, I purchased the control panel above, wire, in-line fuse and three-pin socket for the front of the boat where the spotlight will go. I will be getting started on this project next week! How tricky will it be to run the wire between the walls of the boat?