Doral hull leaks

captain clif

Recruit
Hi
This is my first post and I would appreciate any suggestions if I'm not doing it correctly.

I bouught a 1988 Doral citation (Mercury drive with 5.7 L 4bbl ) last year and and really like this boat. However I have a waterleak problem that causes the bilge pump to come on once or twice a day. I done the following and slowed down the leaks but I still get water running or not.

Replaced all three drive boots

Resealed trimtab, drain and other wiring etc holes inthe transome

Checked for water leaking from the potable water system. (some slight leakage but not enough to account for the problem).

Could the water be entering around the head seacock flange? Ican't get to it from inside since there appears to be a double hull. Unfortunately the trailer bunks cover up the outer portion.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue. ( My wife gets concerned when the bilge pump comes on in the middle of the night)

thanks
captain clif

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Doral hull leaks

My boat is always in the water . Even with the covers on the rain seems to enter between the cracks. Sometimes after heavy rain my pumps are still working the next morning.

Re: Doral hull leaks

check the housing attached to the transom. this is where i had an issue with my 250SE.
Aside from creating a dam in the bilge and checking often to see if it's fwd of the engine it shouldn't be too difficult to locate with such a quick leak.