225 mariner on 20ft charger--not planing

jcory

Cadet
OK---just in case I get my overheating issue worked out---problem #2--Have a hard time gettingthis boat on plne--The mariner 225 efi magnum should jump out of the hole with two people in it but it takes me a LONGGG time to get it out. Before my encounter with a large rock I had a 4-blade stainless 25p that was ported around the hub for exhaust--Had problems then so I went to a 23p that is not ported---Cant hardly get on plane with just me---Mechanic says it DYNOS fine and it runs great on muffs but put it under a load and it is a DOG---New plugs--Coils all test good--Going to test the 40 psi fuel valve tommorow and change fuel lines and filters ---Other than that??? any ideas out there???

jcory

Cadet
Re: 225 mariner on 20ft charger--not planing

Now that I have overheating issues worked out and got the throttle sensor set boat is doing MUCH better--Still seems to take longer than it should getting on plane but after talking to several charger owners it seems that it is the nature of this beast--Heavy boat--Modified V-Hull sits deep in the water---Going to try my 25p ported again and raise the Jack-Plate just to see how it works---

jcory

Cadet
Re: 225 mariner on 20ft charger--not planing

Went back to my 25p 4 blade stainless---Had to put in 3 out of 4 port plugs but it pops right out of the hole now.