jet ski fishing

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
www.jetskibrian.com

This guy is serious, and a very accomplished fisherman and photographer. He's all over the lower Bay and way off shore in his modified jet ski. Working on another. Fully rigged with safety as well as fishing equipment.

ziggy

Admiral
Re: jet ski fishing

hope he puts a place for an anchor on it.
years ago i tried fishing from a jetski platform. they sure do move fast in a little bit of wind back in the fishing bay.. least that was my experience..

clarkbre

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That reminds me of a guy taking his date to the drive in movies on a moped.:rolleyes:

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Thats the best thing since sliced bread.... I always wondered if a PWC wouldn't be a great fishing vehicle .......I can't tell you how many times I have fished from my favorite jetty , and wished I could get out just far enough to get in on the action when you see the birds diving over a school of baitfish...where I fish , Shark River Inlet , N.J., I wouldn't have to go out a half mile even to get to the spots where I see the baitfish being herded...

EddiePetty

Lieutenant Junior Grade

www.jetskibrian.com

This guy is serious, and a very accomplished fisherman and photographer. He's all over the lower Bay and way off shore in his modified jet ski. Working on another. Fully rigged with safety as well as fishing equipment.

......and in addition to Home Cookin's comments, I invite y'all to follow JetSkiBrian over here on the Virginia board.......his photography is beyond compare. :)

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/5-Virginia-Angler

tnduc

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've seen guys fishing from jet skis on the flats in South Texas and 8 miles offshore around the rigs on a calm day. Seems to work well for them, but I like my comfort while fishing.

haulnazz15

Captain

I've tied my jetski to the dock and fished from it just to get further down the shoreline. While it's fine for casting, the jet skis tend be difficult to control direction while just floating with the current and if you snag anything decent it will pull you around the lake! It's probably okay for private lakes/ponds, but I would prefer a full bass boat that has nearly the same draft.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

PWCs are a fun fishing platform. Why? Because you can!

I always keep a small tackle box on board, with a 6 foot rod that collapses to 12" long. When I see someone having good luck fishing in a non-weedy spot, I often give it a try as well.

Boy, sometimes you sure get strange looks, but everytime somebody will stop and ask how you are doing.

Philster

Captain

You can see Waverunners fishing off the concrete ships near Kiptopeke Park in Virginia.

Chessie is full of shoals, even miles out... shallows as low as 2 ft or less a mile from land.

security6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Interesting website, but I don't really understand why he likes jet skis so much. A couple quotes from his latest blog post:

The SUV was produced from 1998-2004, they are the only four person PWC?s made by Yamaha. One of the reasons I like them so much is because they are huge and have over 115 gallons of storage.

When it comes to open water fishing from a jet ski, bigger is better and size equals stability and comfort of ride.

Seems like if "bigger is better" and you want one that is "huge", wouldn't you be better off with a boat? I don't understand why he wants to use a jetski for offshore fishing. At any rate, it's a free country and if he wants to do it then more power to him.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

That is way cool, there is a river close to me that is way to skinny for a boat but the fishing is increadible because no one goes there, that thing would be perfect.

If I ever hit the lottery I could see myself doing things like that, I have alot of ideas like that but not the wallet to actually do them, I have a fishing boat in mind that would be off the hook.

Very cool, I don't know about taking a jet ski 45 miles off shore though.