200 evinrude tilt and trim

alzxracin

Recruit
hey boats been down a while need some help. I have a 1996 bullet with 200 Evinrude was having trouble with the tilt and trim was not working. worked fine on trailer got it in water motor was turning but engine just barely going up or down and at full throttle the motor seemed to be pushing up out of the water and some fluid loss at top of main cylinder.So i figure rebuild needed I get a kit and a friend who has worked at a hydraulics shop rebuilds it now it will not lift at all has fluid and the motor is turning fine but know movement at all. The friend took it back apart said everything back the way it was and he was clueless I took it apart everything looked in place Im not sure seems like there is some combination to get the fluid to the right spot to start pumping but ive tried several different combinations

jonesg

Admiral
Re: 200 evinrude tilt and trim

Bleed the system.
Loosen the manual release valve and run it from end to end, lift it up by hand, close valve and see if it will lower under power.
You bleed it the same way as power steering on a car, by operating it from one end to the other ( up and down instead of left and right).
Top off with fluid, tighten release valve 45in lbs torque.

And read the FAQ files.!:p

alzxracin

Recruit
Re: 200 evinrude tilt and trim

Yea sounds great same advice Ive recieved from half a dozen people too bad it didnt help.When I tried that several times no air no fluid nothing coming out of release valve. Im not against placing in shop but every shop within 50 miles 3 months behind. Well thanks for the help anyway.