Where/how to install accessories?

ToniH

Cadet
Hi,

I' upgraded from 2 smaller boats (one of them small SIB) to new 3.6m SIB which I am currently prepping for launch. I am also converting my Johnson 15 from remote to handle control and my boat trailer better suited for inflatable.

I was wondering that where/how have you guys installed sonar and/or plotters or any other accessories? Pictures would be very helpful for ideas.

Not sure yet if I will be sitting on the pontoon or on the rear bench with this one. The rear bench centerline is 45cm (18 inches) in front of transom so the Johnson motor tiller handle extends pretty much to this level too.

In any case it seems that the plotter should be installed somewhere on the bench or maybe on some kind of extension bolted to it or to the aluminum floor.

Opinions? Ideas? Photos?

Thanks for any tips.

A quick mockup:

Attachments

• plotter_mockup.jpg
    plotter_mockup.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 0

mudslinging79

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Where/how to install accessories?

i dont have pics anymore, but i built a box for mine that fits between the tubes for a fishfinder mount, and storing smaller items not needed constantly. the battery for the unit sits inside on one end, basic heavy duty motorcycle battery. the ends of the box are cut to fit the curve of the tubes, so its a snug fit when fully inflated. also doubles as a seat when fishing.

FH alumni

Seaman Apprentice

Toni, check out the thread I posted yesterday. (boat rigged out w/ pics) It has pics of how I set up my accessories. the sonar is mounted to a Ram Mount arm that is attached to my seat. It locks into any position imaginable. For pole holders and other hard points I built a box that mounts on the rails on my Al floor. Seems to work for me and still allows easy set up and take down when I don't want to trailer it. After all that's the #1 advantage of an inflatable is to be able to break it down.

Most of my accessories such as the airpump, extra vests, line, tools etc. all have a neat place to live.

ToniH

Cadet

mudslinging, yes I've been thinking about a box because there is always some small items to store which cannot be loose on the floor. Also considered installing a battery and a small charger inside the box, my plotter would run about 13 hours with a 30Ah mc-battery. Way longer than necessary for any one trip but it would reduce the need for recharging every time I go out.

FH alumni, I saw the pictures. Very cool setup. I think I wont be installing a actual seat though. Again, the box seems most practical to me too.

I need to think where to position the box so it wont take too much floor space. In rear of boat, could store the battery and the fuel tank (in separate ventilated compartments) but useless for accessory mounting. Under the front bench would seem logical but is it practical for accessory mount is another matter to consider.

mudslinging79

Petty Officer 1st Class

08111014401.jpg
here is a pic of my set up, its only a 12 footer, usually just myself in it and i didnt plan on anything too big. its secure enough as is, yet can be slid forward or back as i need it.
08111014451.jpg