Another Carb Question

Nutt

Seaman
I have a Tillotson BC1A that I don't think is pumping fuel. Since the fuel pump is part of the carb I cannot just pull a line loose and see if it is pumping. The engine runs fine if I pump the bulb. I hear it idle up just like it would be loosing fuel and leaning out.

I took it apart and checked the screen and diaphragm and they look fine. They did not feel pliable though. I don't know if this is normal or not. Some help would be appreciated.

Nutt

Nutt

Seaman
Re: Another Carb Question

NO one? Ok how about this? I pulled the carb back apart and found some trash hiding on me. I put a different fule pump on and now the thing will not even start. There was no change in carb settings just the pump and some trash in the top end.

Mi duckdown

Commander

Why anyone would pull a carb off disassemble it and not rebuild it is beyond me.

backyard mechanic

Petty Officer 1st Class

You have self diagnosed your problem and refuse to get a carb and fuel pump kit that would cost $10 to fix it? Come on man... quit rubbing your nickel and spend it.

Mi duckdown

Commander

I reread one of your posts.
I put a (different) fule pump on and now the thing will not even start.
Different, as not the original?

Nutt

Seaman

Yes a different fuel pump section. The tillotson has a venturi style pump.

On a better note I was finally able to get it running. Today was the first time I have had it in the water and it did very well.

Thanks for the comments

Nutt