Purchased a Chapparal instead of the Thundercraft pics

wakeondude

Seaman Apprentice
Well, you folks where right, 'keep looking'.I was ready to pull the trigger on this 90 Thundercraft when the guy ended up selling it out from underneath me. Turns out that that was probably a good thing. After that happened I went searching again and looked at several boats. Then I came across a 88 Chapparal which was a little older than I wanted but it was advertised as prestine condition with low hours. I deceided to go look at it and it was indeed in prestine condition. I wanted at least a v6 but this thing was too cherry to pass on. It has a Mercruiser 3.0 liter with 116 hrs and is 17.8ft. Has the whale tail and a 18 pitch prop. The trailer was redone and everything is stainless steel. Brand new tires, lights, wiring, the whole 9 yards. Interior is prestine with the exception of a light out on the temp gauge. Came with a Piranah led color, water temp, depth, fish finder. The teak swim platfrom could use redone along with the teak ski stowage door(don't know the proper term for the bottom compartment). Has a brand new full cover

Had it out on the lake this past weekend and in choppy water it would run around 35. Once traffic cleared out and the water settled down it would run around 42 trimmed out with two people. I love this boat. It's nothing special but a nice little starter boat that needs nothing (more or less).

Tell me what you think. Thanks, John

picture.php

picture.php

With my buddy's 1995 18' Searay
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Purchased a Chapparal instead of the Thundercraft pics

Nice find! And with the price of fuel, you will be happy with the 4 cylinder. Keep it in great condition and you will get most of your money back in a year or two when you want something larger.

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

Awesome!

thumbsup.gif

a70eliminator

Captain

I like those Chaparrals, around our area a boat like that would sell for I'm going quess around 2300 bucks and maybe talk it down to $1900. am I close?

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Congrats. Nice find. Good luck!

jkust

Rear Admiral

Good choice. I don't know much about that vintage of Chap but if the newer ones are an indication, you'll be pleased. I'd like to see some interior pics too.

wakeondude

Seaman Apprentice

I like those Chaparrals, around our area a boat like that would sell for I'm going quess around 2300 bucks and maybe talk it down to $1900. am I close?

Well not quite that cheap, more like 3k. For the quality of boats that I was seeing in the 3k range this one surpassed them immensely. I felt that it was a pretty fair price, idk.

Good choice. I don't know much about that vintage of Chap but if the newer ones are an indication, you'll be pleased. I'd like to see some interior pics too.

I'll get some int pics up here soon, thanks.

TilliamWe

Banned

"Purchased a Chapparal..."

Now all you have to do is learn how to SPELL it! ;) (Hint, it's spelled "Chaparral" and it is written on the side of your "new" boat!)

wakeondude

Seaman Apprentice

Haha, yeah, no duh!:D

sewerrat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Chap > Thunderwhatever

Good things come to those who wait.
Looks like a $3k boat to me :)

TMoNeE

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What more could you ask for, needs nothing other than to be loaded into the water and good to go, money well spent!

Nice find and enjoy it