Old Navy...

SteveRoss

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi All...

Just woke up from an afternoon nap with my mind racing with a million things I need to do... (some not legal, and some I'm too old for anymore) so here I am.

I just noticed I got promoted from Cadet to Seaman Apprentice. I appreciate the structure here, but there's no choice of rate. If I had a choice, it would be the OT rate. Anyone remember that ?? Never was one, but sure served at at lot of NAVFACs, if anyone knows what that was.

Anyone wanna comment ?? Maybe there are some old shipmates out there...
Point Sur
Midway Island
Guam
COSP
COSL
Centerville Beach
NOPF Dam Neck
NOSC
SURTASS Support Center
USNS Stalwart
Barbers Point
and a few others probably not to be mentioned...

Regards,
Steve

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Old Navy...

I was at Barbers Point (VR-21) from mid 1954 to mid 1958. During that time visited Midway regularly.

The rest of my career was NATTC Memphis.. . AT Student, Instructor and Ship's Company

SteveRoss

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the response, JB. You have really dated yourself, but that's OK. When you were at Barbers Point, I was just in Grade School, maybe 2nd or 3rd grade... HAHAH. But, I bet the house I lived in there was probably the same or in the same neighborhood as yours.

I hear the whole base has been turned over to the Coast Guard now. Lots of fond memories there.

Very respectfully,

Steve

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Tool the LOML back to Honolulu in 2006 to celebrate 51 years since our courtship. We went to Barbers Point lighthouse to a luau. The base is now a housing development and industrial park. :(