Trainer ski rope

tractoman

Petty Officer 1st Class
I picked up a set of trainer skis with the black plastic bar that goes between the front of the skis and has a loop to connect the dual handle rope. I don't have the rope though. Can anybody describe how the rope is set up to attach to the skis and where the handle for the skier ties into it. I know there is a handle at the boat side but need to figure out the skier side. Does the handle for the skier go down to the crossbar clip and then towards the boat, or does the handle go straight towards the boat with a section of rope that drops down to connect to the skis? I hope this makes sense. A picture would be good.
Thanks,

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: Trainer ski rope

Pretty sure that if you have the rope tied to the skiis that you hold onto one of the handles from the boat so that you can let go of it - they don't get dragged when they fall.

I've got trainers, but have never attached a rope to the bar. I just have the kids hold the rope, and if they are having trouble deep water I'll stand in shallow water and toss them up as the boat starts.

Dave.Mishchenko

Petty Officer 2nd Class

With ours you would end up with a sideways Y so the rope would end up pulling both the skis and skier at the same time. It took a bit of adjusting to get it right and we didn't use it that way for long. As mentioned if you do choose to attach the rope to the skis then you have to be holding the rope in the boat so your kids don't get dragged if they fall.

haulnazz15

Captain

While I originally used this type of design when I was a kid, I had a very difficult time with it. My father finally just cut the ropes (instead of plastic bars) between the skis and handed me the ski rope unconnected to the skis . . . I popped up first time. My recommendation is to not attach the ski rope to the skis at all.