Can anyone identify this boat?

coryrhodes78

Recruit
I am trying to identify the make/model of this boat before i purchase it. it has now exterior markings. no idea what type of out drive it has. I think the engine is a gen 1 carburated 350. do boats normally have identiplates somewhere with the make/model/serial #? i will try to get more photos. thanks for any help.

unfortunately I'm in the UAE (united arab emirates), so i can't contact the DMV or coast guard to find out about the boat. I have not had a chance to go look at it yet (1.5 hour drive) and the owner can't locate a Hull Ident. Number.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4685.jpg
    DSCF4685.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4812.jpg
    DSCF4812.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Can anyone identify this boat?

look for a hull identification number. hin. it should be located on the transom, upper starboard side. location is not always the same so ya may have to look around. mine is located right above my drive dead center of the transom, molded into the glass.
the first the letters indicate mfg. the last 2 numbers indicate year.

engines are usually chevy, marinized by whatever mfg. of drive you have. ie. volvo penta, mercruiser, omc are the ones most encountered.

superbenk

Commander

No idea, but I'm going to guess it's a Volvo drive from what little I can see of it. Not sure what brand/model the boat is, but it looks familiar.

BAproject

Petty Officer 1st Class

It appears to have a USCG reg. number on the bow, call the USCG and ask them to tell you info that is related to that boat...the info should still be listed with them...If the boat doesn't have an HIN# somewhere on it I would stand clear of buying it

-BAproject

mtrainTurbo

Seaman

Thats definately a Volvo AQ series on the back - a very BIG plus in my opinion.