90hp mercury wont high rpm in the lake

enanoracing

Recruit
please help me.... i just bought a 1996 mercury 90hp regal rush jetboat and it start great, with the water hose conected and on the lake. the old owner told me and showed me the receipts that he put new red stator, cdi , voltage regulator, and coils.. I have a automechanic shop and understand a bit about boat but this problem to me was new.. when the boat is at the lake and I hit full throttle it wont rev up high. took out the sparck plugs and verify the spark and look good. verify fuel and was good. It look to me like if it has a rev limiter. disconected the rev limiter box , next to the cdi, and still.. Did one more thing, put it on reverse at wide throttle and the rev goes a bit higher than in foward possitio.....I having a headached with this boat. can one one help me with this?:confused:

drakocy

Cadet
Re: 90hp mercury wont high rpm in the lake

reverse will rev higher slightly, because there is less of a load,,, you have to keep reading forums or get a manual,, recheck stator and switch boxs, and all elactrical,,, there are many sites to advise you ,, i am having the same problem, on a 115 hp,, i just have to go through the steps, remember fuel today is junk,,, i say start there,,, clean the main jets
good luck

enanoracing

Recruit
Re: 90hp mercury wont high rpm in the lake

thank's.. today took a time again and look over a couple of steps with a friend. we verify the compression and all were at 140psi. check all wiring fo any damage cable and all were good. verify if there was good spark at the plugs and loooooookkk very good. So I then went to a web site called cdi electronics and downloaded some manual they have for troubleshooting and began the processs.. verify the spect they gave me for the stator, adn they said it should read from 500-700 omhs and my red stator read 719ohms.. is this ok?:confused:
then began to check the trigger . they said it shoul read from brown cable and the other cable white/black at the multimeter from 800-1400 and read good.
from white and white/black, but there it did not read nothing and the other purple cable with white/black also and also did not read.....they said it should read they same between 800-1400. does this means it's damage?:confused: How can I know if the problem I have might be the cdi or the stator or the black power pack that goes connected to the red stator