2004 200L Carb Performance Advice

K.Reeb

Cadet
Just wondering what everyone has done with these motors. Looking for some extra jam and was hoping for a Hi-Perf lower unit and possibly motor work. What has everyone done to squeeze some extra outta these suckers?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2004 200L Carb Performance Advice

What type of boat? weight? do you ski? All your answers to these questions will give you the options you may consider...

K.Reeb

Cadet

18" Bitz Tunnel. Ski and tube, not wakeboard. New seats and benches are about 400lbs lighter than what I took out. It's a Perf Edition boat, I was told the only difference was less fibreglass to make it a little lighter from factory from their normal tunnel. Family boat that I can scare myself or my buddies in. It topped out at 79mph last summer, really looking for 90mph+ but I know how hard that can be.
Used to have a Cougar Omega and it hit 90mph in a heartbeat......was also 3x lighter than this boat too though....

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

This is a easy fix, buy a another boat to ski with!!!!:D:D All BS aside, its going to be hard to ski and go fast as you need engine deeper to pull skiers and usually a thru hub prop. Raising engine and using a over the hub prop will increase speed but hole shot will suffer as will sking.

K.Reeb

Cadet

Don't need to worry about out of holeshot. Got lots of acceleration, the skiing part is not a worry for me, it's the performance from the motor. I have a transom jack, props at my disposal, just want more than 200 ponies.

Dukedog

Captain

"O" ring head and "electronic" ign. motor your pretty much stuck with whatcha got. Only things you CAN do won't amount ta much in tha performance area. Just not worth tha gain if any at all.................JMO

K.Reeb

Cadet

I'm sure there's something along the lines of boring carbs, porting the intake, lower unit tips? Hotter timing? Anyone have any experience with nitrous on these?