fuel injector numbers

skeeter7

Seaman Apprentice
First, I'll make this post as short and simple as I can, then I'll add any other info that you request. My 150 vmax hpdi is having trouble getting fuel. It has a really hard time starting and won't idle. When it does start and I put it in gear it has no power and only gets to about 4000 rpm's. We have replaced all 4 filters and cleaned the vst, but still have the same issues. Some of the filters were really clogged and after replacing them the fuel is now getting through all the filters and to the cylinders. It seemed the injectors were the next step, so I just had my fuel injectors serviced by flagship marine and hope that it solves my problem. After the service I was wondering what my flow numbers indicate. All the numbers are 2-3ml better after they were serviced compared to before. Also, they all passed and the ohms were the same for all, 1.4 I believe. Could these new numbers resolve my problems or is to insignificant of a change?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: fuel injector numbers

kinda insignificant.
what is HP rail AND medium pressure rail pressures at the FAILURE RPM and load?

skeeter7

Seaman Apprentice
Re: fuel injector numbers

Thanks for the reply rodbolt. That's what I was afraid of. I'll have to get the boat on the water to test the pressure under load. Every rpm is a problem rpm because it doesn't want start or idle.