godfrey pontoon beeping

Engreps

Seaman Apprentice
Re: godfrey pontoon beeping

What type engine? Beeping is not good............!!!!!!!!!!!

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This is engine related and not boat related. Look in your engine manual to determine the cause of the beeps. If you don't have a manual, contact a local marina or the engine manufacturer.

The beep is typically an indicator of overheating or low oil. Don't run the engine again utill you have resolved the problem.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

A constant tone or steady beep is a sign of overheating. That is not good. Depending on which engine you have, intermittent beeps are related to the oil injection system which is also not a good thing. DO NOT run that engine until you determine what the beep is telling you. It may just be a malfunctioning alarm system but why risk destroying an engine.

Engreps

Seaman Apprentice

Very good advise..... Don't run the engine till you see what beep you are having. i hope its only a water pump problem which is an easy fix.....

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Very good advise..... Don't run the engine till you see what beep you are having. i hope its only a water pump problem which is an easy fix.....

I hope it's only an alarm problem since it sounds like he's been using it that way.:eek:

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

This is engine related and not boat related. Look in your engine manual to determine the cause of the beeps. If you don't have a manual, contact a local marina or the engine manufacturer.

The beep is typically an indicator of overheating or low oil. Don't run the engine again utill you have resolved the problem.

I had that problem one day.It was driving me nut's. I called the dealer on my cell phone and they said check my oil level.Sure enough it was very low.I had a gallon with me so I put the oil in the reserve tank and the noise stopped(.Mercury 90hp two stroke oil injected.)

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

News flash sir! That is not a reserve tank. Your engine consumes that oil at an effective rate of 50:1 fuel/oil ratio. Meaning that for every six gallons of fuel you run through the engine that resevoir loses one pint of fuel. It is a fuel and oil pre-mix device that does the metering. That resevoir needs to be checked every time you fill up with fuel. Run it dry and you destroy your engine.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I've let the oil level get a tad lower than I'd like, possibly low enough to trigger, but I'm not sure. Guess I need to check the alarm system. I've never run the tank dry though.

atcsinc

Cadet

The buzzer is there for a reason ,,, and yes don't run it till you know what its tryin to tell ya !!!!

Micahhaase

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a godfrey pontoon, A 95 24 foot with a 95 90 horse mariner and the first time i took her out when the oil got to about a 1/3 left the boat started beeping, I immediately headed for the marina at a slow pace and refilled the oil reserve to full and it quit beeping. The way i know if its at a little below half a tank is when im going pretty quickly and turn it usually gives me a little beep. I then know it needs more oil pretty soon. No reason to let it run to low

lncoop

Vice Admiral

No reason to let it run to low

Unless you count absentmindedness, which occasionally afflicts the best of us. I always keep a gallon of Quicksilver two stroke in the boat and have found myself adding it on the water more than once.

Micahhaase

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Unless you count absentmindedness, which occasionally afflicts the best of us. I always keep a gallon of Quicksilver two stroke in the boat and have found myself adding it on the water more than once.

Yea I learned that after the first outing where when it started beeping we had to drive all the way back to the marina and spend 10 bucks a quart on the oil. Now I keep extra in the boat. ALONG with extra tools. Seems like everytime Im out I think of something else i need to keep on the boat other than the required by law items which I wont go in the water without

brogantynan

Recruit

oil is full ,just changed impeller runs fine still beeps,its not overheating

Fed

Commander

It would be good to know what the beeps sounded like and what motor it was, 1 month down track and no info yet.