231AQ Volvo PentaProblems!!

db-hawaii

Recruit
First, let me say I replaced the risers, exhaust manifolds, rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel pump, plugs, plug wires, water separators, fuel lines, fuel filter, and drained and refilled gas tank. Also, in case anyone is wondering, the boat does have electronic ignition. I can run muffs to her and the motor purrs just fine and stays around 140-150 degrees. But when it gets warmed up and I run her at 3000 RPMS for a while(10-15 minutes), I can see little bubble and see smoke coming from on top of the intake manifold. I'm not sure if there is a vacuum leak causing my problem. But on a good note, there is no water in the oil. <br /><br />Now, when I take the boat out she run fine and can get up and plane as well. However, after trolling around for a few hours I can't push the boat above 1500 RPMS without it dying and not wanting to restart. I've been towed in a couple of times and I can't really test it out without dropping it in the ocean. Do I need a new intake maifold or can it be something simpler than that?