Just when you thought old trailer bunks are useless

gonefishie

Commander
My old washer is not doing it job at all anymore so I went out and got a new one yesterday. I solicited help but all attempts failed. I really needed to do the laundry so I said screw it. I'm gonna git that sucker myself. Went to the store today and the warehouse guys loaded it on my truck for me. I started pondering about how to get it off the truck on the drive home. Got home, looked around the garage and saw the carpeted bunks I replaced last summer. I keep them cuz I thought they might come in handy, sometimes. I put the ends of 2 bunks on the edge of the tailgate, slid the washer on them, slid it down onto a dolly and into the house it went. It was like launching a boat. Do I get a MacGuyver of the day award? :)

Dave Barnett

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Just when you thought old trailer bunks are useless

Pretty ingenious thinking. For a true McGuyver award though there has to be a rubber band and paper clip involved. :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Mcguyver would have launched the boat and used the boat trailer instead :D

Good job!!

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Did you connect the bunks before backing down to the dolly? Its not nice to keep others waiting ;):D

Good thinking! :cool:

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

My old washer is not doing it job at all anymore so I went out and got a new one yesterday. I solicited help but all attempts failed. I really needed to do the laundry so I said screw it. I'm gonna git that sucker myself. Went to the store today and the warehouse guys loaded it on my truck for me. I started pondering about how to get it off the truck on the drive home. Got home, looked around the garage and saw the carpeted bunks I replaced last summer. I keep them cuz I thought they might come in handy, sometimes. I put the ends of 2 bunks on the edge of the tailgate, slid the washer on them, slid it down onto a dolly and into the house it went. It was like launching a boat. Do I get a MacGuyver of the day award? :)

Actually, the McGyver award would require using a paper clip and a rubber band to fix the OLD washer so that you got another year and a half use from it....;)

You still get a gold star! :D

gonefishie

Commander

I had the rubber bands and paper clips but they didn't do much good for the motor so Gold Star will do. :D

heycods

Captain

It would apear to me you must have replaced the old bunks too quick. If I had tried that they would have broke for sure. :)

Link

Rear Admiral

Mcguyver would have launched the boat and used the boat trailer instead :D

Good job!!

Then he would unhitched the trailer and let the weight of the machine tip it up and side off hitting the dolly and it would have rolled back to the door! :)

gonefishie

Commander

It would apear to me you must have replaced the old bunks too quick. If I had tried that they would have broke for sure. :)

There are things that I'll wait until it's absolutely necessary to do but most of the times I don't wait until last minute.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

i keep my old bunks lying around, and i've used them a few times for different things. its kinda nice. i cut one up in 2' pieces, and its really handy having pieces of carpeted 2x4 laying around.