Mississippi at Clinton or Savanna?

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Anyone over around this area? The Rock River is flooded and there is no end in sight. Wondering how the Ole' Miss is looking. A buddy of mine has been checking the water levels and thinks it might be OK for the weekend. Any local input would be great:).

Just because the level recedes, doesn't mean there isn't a bunch of @$#* still floating down.:eek:

Have not been able to get out for two weeks and we are jones'n:( for some ski and tube time.

Thanks guys.:D

dmoriarty51

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Mississippi at Clinton or Savanna?

have seen quite a few boats on the move this last weekend in the clinton area, its pretty well back to a highish but normal level too... can't comment on how much garbage is still out there tho.

i'll be out this weekend, finishing breaking in a rebuilt motor....gonna do the cruise up to get her warm and float down to cool off

jasperpso2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the river is down allot from the very high crest on friday, and is very usable down here in burlington, and since we are downstream quite a ways, would presume north in clinton/savannah area should be a-ok by the weekend..

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This is good news.:D I hope to, if it is not raining, leave home around 8 a.m. Saturday and have a good day on the water. I'm affraid my boat will start thinking I am neglecting her:(.

As I type this, it is raining. Has been for a while. Rained yesterday a lot, and forecast to rain everyday for the next week plus:mad:. This has been a really wet season. It sucks!!!!

dmoriarty51

Petty Officer 1st Class

spent 3 hrs out this morning in clinton thad.. its still pretty high, but its pretty clean of hard debris, saw one log floating down.... and a few small sticks/ chunks... otherwise just some grass.

if you plan to beach and sit on the sand at clinton you may be out of luck 80% or more of coney beach is still under