1990 Wellcraft 4.3L V6 starting issue

tx90pkh

Recruit
Hello my fellow boater. I'm a newbee and desperately need your help. I have a 1990 Wellcraft with a Mercruiser 4.3L V6 with a Thunderbolt IV and will not start.

I have done the following.
1. Changed all sparks plug, sparks plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, ignition coil and ignition sensor within the distributor cap
2. A brand new battery
3. Pour some gasoline down the throat of the carburater. I also spray some starting fluid down the throat.

I have done the following things:
- I have sparks at the ignition coil by doing the spark test. example, putting spark plug at the end of the ignition coil wire while starting the boat.
- I have sparks at the spark plug. example, putting a spark plug at the end of the spark plug wire while starting the boat.
- I tried to set the timing to Top Dead Center TDC. The way I'm doing this is by putting a 'ball' paper towel in the number 1 spark plug and hand crank the engine until the 'ball' paper towel blown out by the cylinder pressure. I then put the distributor rotor pointed to the number one spark plug cap.

Any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated. This forum is GREAT and I've been getting all my information on here but now need your help.

thanks

tx90pkh

Recruit
Re: 1990 Wellcraft 4.3L V6 starting issue

Can anyone please help me? Do you need addtional information?