06 Optix overheat?

Jarhead44

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all, had a question about warning horns. I am getting 1 long contious horn after start up at low speed. Shut it down and start again and all is good even after a hard day of tubing. This is a 06 105 Opti fuel injected. Does anyone know is that warning horn overheat or low oil. I have approx. 1/2 tank of oil or less. This has me a littlie freaked because when I bought this thing the powerhead blew due to overheat from a manufactering problem and I by no way run this thing hard, I baby it. Mercuy warrantied the motor but now I am constantly looking over my shoulder especially if it a overheat problem since I am out of warranty.....thanks

Jarhead44

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 06 Optix overheat?

My typing is horrible should be 2006 150 v6 fuel injected

herb boughn

Cadet
Re: 06 Optix overheat?

In the Optimax book they explain what the different horns mean. If it goes off when you first start could be a confidence check. There are 3 or 4 different signals. Get used to them as you'll be hearing them a lot, even in your sleep. ME? My hearing is shot so I don't have to put up with noise. Worst boat engine I've ever owned. 2010 115 Pro FS that we learned was a factory reject. Dealers get them at discount, kinda like factory seconds tires. and the customer fights it forever or until he trades.