solenoid wiring

Steve Diomin

Cadet
From the solenoid to the starter on the post where the bare copper wire goes from the starter to the solenoid is this the only wire on this post or do other wires go there?...........yes i made the mistake of not marking the wires or take a picture. There is a red from the batter, a red/purple that goes to a relay of some sort, and a orhange that goes to the alternator.

Any input would be great thanks

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: solenoid wiring

The top large lug has the main battery cable, the Red/stripe wire , the orange wire.the small yellow with red stripe goes to the small lug closest to the engine
IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

Steve Diomin

Cadet

this is great. on my old solenoid the yelow/red wire went on the smal post furthest form the engine and worked fine. But now if i wire it like before it just clicks once. Could it be that on this new oem solenoid/starter the red/yellow wire could be wired to the small post closest to the engine as you say? Maybe this is why it is not working??........

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

s solenoid, the wire that comes from the slave relay to make the starter spin
r used to power points systems and electric fuel pumps during "cranking" only

Steve Diomin

Cadet

great, mine doesnt say s or r....... im wondering if i reverse the yellow/red with the purple/yellow it will work?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

the yellow /red is closest to the motor, the purple one goes away from the notor