'97 OMC V4 TurboJet

rexlange

Cadet
Just got a Boston Whaler with the OMC 115HP TurboJet. Anybody know much about these? Cool motor (V4, looks like a 4 BBL Carb?). I'm told it'll do 40-50 mph on the water though I haven't gotten it in the water yet...next week it looks like a wetdown party is in order:)

parrotsummer

Seaman Apprentice
Re: '97 OMC V4 TurboJet

I have the same engine in a Seaswirl jet boat. Just got everything back together after 3 years of the boat sitting. I wish you fun and luck. My experience so far with this engine is pretty good although sitting for so long hasn't helped. I came on to ask about this but I don't yet think it is a bad thing with this particular motor. Some people on here were SUPER helpful to me last summer. I hope you have the same experience or even better that you don't need help. If you have any specific questions I will certainly try to answer them.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: '97 OMC V4 TurboJet

Its a ok setup just dont start it out of water, its the same powerhead as a outboard and running out of water will melt the poppets and damage t-stats. Keep the strainers clean(check every use) and do not operate in less than 2 ft of water(see owners manual).