Beebe

Brainfarth

Recruit
I am considering purchasing a 15.5' BeeBe wood boat from a guy for around 800.. The motor is a 40 hp evinrude. The year of the boat is unknown and I cant find any information on that brand of boat. The only info I could find was of some turn of the century stuff. The wood seems to be in good shape and he refinished alot of the wood. It has a top in good shape as well.
Any info on this would be much appreciated.

-Mike

Attachments

• P7210007 (Small).JPG
    P7210007 (Small).JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
  • P7210002 (Small).JPG
    P7210002 (Small).JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
  • P7210004 (Small).JPG
    P7210004 (Small).JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 0

NHGuy

Captain
Re: Beebe

I don't know what it is but if the engine runs and the wood is solid it's worth the 800. Does the trailer come with it too?
Wood boats require a certain amount of care, if you can give it the effort you get a beautiful old toy.
I'd do some reading about what to check before you plunk down your money.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Oh man, that's beautiful. I'm not sure I could look after a woodie, but I'm sure jealous of those who can.

Brainfarth

Recruit

Yeah, it comes with the trailer. And the motor runs good. I think I might end up getting it.. I am a little apprehensive because I have never owned a wood boat before.

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Wood boats certainly introduce another level of care required, but I'd say that price is not bad at all if the hull isn't rotten, the motor works and it comes with a trailer. Nice looking rig.

You will find no end of support on the web for the upkeep of wooden boats. Actually, I think the mods should consider care and feeding of wood boats a forum of its own. Supported by stocking the right stuff for maintaining wood boats in the online store and it could be a whole other audience and marketing opportunity to be tapped. But I digress...:rolleyes:

If you get her post some more pics!

Brainfarth

Recruit

I've looked around and see that it is a good deal and I'm going to pick it up. I'll post plenty of it once I get it in the water.
I see alot of older boats that have the sides covered up inside. Is that common with the smaller ones like these?