Not really sure if this is the right place to ask this.

renken67

Seaman Apprentice
So i was out riding my boat in the tennessee river. Me and a buddy found a cave and figured we would drop anchor and explore it a little. When we were ready to leave we turned the boat around by hand (all the while with the outboard turned up to avoid prop or LU damage from shallows) when it happened. BANG!. He had moved the boat too far in one direction and smashed the aft-starboard side against a rock and shattered my speedometer pickup (the little plastic peice in the water). My question is....What is the technical term for these and how expensive are they.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Not really sure if this is the right place to ask this.

It is a called a pitot, or pitot tube. Dunno about the $. Can't be too much. But then again, it does say "boat" on it, so that raises the price.

renken67

Seaman Apprentice

Lol thats one of the things a fellow boater warned me about when i got into this whole boating thing.

rlb9844

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just bought one a couple of months ago. I paid $8. But this was at a boat repair shop in south GA. Not sure about your area. You can expect a marina to be much higher.

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

double post, sorry

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

So i was out riding my boat in the tennessee river. Me and a buddy found a cave and figured we would drop anchor and explore it a little.

After this opening to the story, I was hoping for a more exciting conclusion than a broken pitot. :p

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

What kind of sealant should i use?

3M 5200 - it's below the waterline. Available here at iBoats, or at your local HD

Shrike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

After this opening to the story, I was hoping for a more exciting conclusion than a broken pitot. :p

Yeah, At least lost in a cave for a few days.

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander

I was expecting allot better story.

Example:

A friend an I were out boating when all of a sudden a thunder storm came out of no where. I looked and spotted a cave in the distance. We motored over to the cave to wait out the storm. As my friend was tying up the boat I spotted what looked like a shoe sticking out of the soil. I went over to the shoe and noticed it was attached to a leg. I had no cell service to call the cops, but being curious I uncovered the rest of the body (skeleton) and checked its wallet. I found the persons drivers licence and the only letters I could make out were J--M- HO-FA. Does this name sound familiar to anyone? The thunder storm ended and I left to call the police. What a day.

BTW My friend broke the little white thingy on the back of my boat and the speedometer quit working. Where can I get a new one???

I was expecting allot better story.

Example:

A friend an I were out boating when all of a sudden a thunder storm came out of no where. I looked and spotted a cave in the distance. We motored over to the cave to wait out the storm. As my friend was tying up the boat I spotted what looked like a shoe sticking out of the soil. I went over to the shoe and noticed it was attached to a leg. I had no cell service to call the cops, but being curious I uncovered the rest of the body (skeleton) and checked its wallet. I found the persons drivers licence and the only letters I could make out were J--M- HO-FA. Does this name sound familiar to anyone? The thunder storm ended and I left to call the police. What a day.

BTW My friend broke the little white thingy on the back of my boat and the speedometer quit working. Where can I get a new one???

now we're talking! :D