16' Gamefisher Transom Help

CutNweld

Recruit
Ok i'm pretty new to boats purchased a 16' Tri hull game fisher with a 9.9yamaha this spring. and the learning has begun my question is, the motor is a long shaft so when i measure from the cavitation plate to the bottom of the transom i have about 9", what would i benefit if i added a Jack Plate to raise the motor height? say 8"! i have a homemade hydrofoil made from a old state road sign not sure if it helps or if i should lose it?

Thanks for any input.

Dan

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: 16' Gamefisher Transom Help

Ya, that si suppose to be 1'', 9'' is alittle excessive but then again we are talking about 10 horse on a 16' boat here so I really don't know that the benefit of raising it would justify the small gain you are likely to get.

If you were talking 50-70 horse or bigger then yes it would make a big difference btu with that small of an engine on that big of a boat I just don't know.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I think your best gain on a 16ft tri-hull would be a motor more suited to the size and weight of the boat.
What is it's max rated HP capacity ??
Welcome to iboats

CutNweld

Recruit

well someone painted over the plate, iboats claims its 25hp that's the next upgrade a bigger motor. ty