LEO face first docking

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: LEO face first docking

the cop actually just missed the dock with his lead foot...then tripped totally...poor dude! looks liek he was ok atleast....cop or no cop never like to see anyone get hurt OUCH!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Ouch. Bow rails are known to reach up and grab you like that.
And our next contestant is the drunk chick in go go boots climbing down into the party boat next door!

Although I've had to do it many a time, jumping on or off a boat is seldom a good idea. Landlubbers seem to think it is. One moron friend of mine jumpred from a dock square into the center of my boat--a 5' drop, all 200 pounds of him stuffed into hard-soled hiking boots*. So not all soft spots in decks are from soaked foam and stringer rot!

*We are going to spend the weekend out in the marsh; I told them to wear boots. I would have thought they's know....

Mr_Shamrock

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I love how he looks back at the guy on the boat like it's his fault. Funny!

Dan19720

Seaman Apprentice

Love it... Now that I am sitting here laughing, I know that I will do that someday. The only difference is that I will probably sit there and laugh at myself for a minute.

a70eliminator

Captain

The one cop says to that chick, "And you can't be up here"
That's exactly why I'm always saying wait till I get stopped before you jump off.

Tig

Chief Petty Officer

The guy at the helm seems to know what he is doing. The boat slowed nicely at the dock. The guy standing in the bow, not so much. He's doing the karate kid thing standing on one foot. Then the boat slows and the rest is history. Not sure how he envisioned docking would normally occur but he does seem to turn to the captain and express his confusion/displeasure. :)

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

I did the same thing once - we were on a buddy's 1960's Chris Craft 25ft woody. trying to be JoeCool in front of the windows to a packed restaurant- I tripped on an untied shoe lace.-landed flat on my face. DOUH!:eek:

just yesterday we picked up a buddy and his family from his boathouse and he being the last one on pushing us away from the dock slipped and nearly fell out of the boat.- skinned his shin bloody.

it happens to us old salts too.

adamjr

Petty Officer 1st Class

the cop actually just missed the dock with his lead foot...then tripped totally...poor dude! looks liek he was ok atleast....cop or no cop never like to see anyone get hurt OUCH!

I don't know how Ok he was though. I think his ego might die from embarrasment. Respecting LEO's like I do that was as painful to watch as he was probably sore.