put new engine, no spark, pls HELP

venompis

Recruit
hello, i put in a new reman engine in my 88 bayliner 2556 convertable. i put everything together and tried to start engine. started right up, but oil pressure didnt go up so i shut it down right away. ii disconected the coil and cranked it up a few times to give oil a chance to go where it needs to go. after a few cranks i conected the coil back and cranked it with no luck. i lost my spark. i changed the coil, checked the contacts in the distributor, put a new condenser-and still nothing. so i took out the "bible"(my omc manual) and sort of found a few more issues i might be having. after a few more failed atempts i disconected the ESA module and the boat started right up. the only problem now is that i cant shift frwd or rev. as soon as i plug the ESA module back in with the engine runing it shuts down. is this a case of bad esa, or is it the overstroke or interupter switch. is my shift cable out of sync and i only got lucky starting it the 1st time. someone pls give me some advice before i spend another $.

venompis

Recruit
Re: put new engine, no spark, pls HELP

i'm sorry guys for not providing the crucial info. it has been a few frustrating months trying to get this boat in water. it is a 1988 omc cobra 5.7l.