Classic 170 garage ??'s

Bigmann

Recruit
Hey guys Looking for some input.

I'm thinking about picking up a 1990 Wellcraft Classic 170. - Seem like a really nice boat.

Anyway, my biggest concern is fitting it in my garage.

the length from tip of the prop to tip of the tongue is ~21'4" my garage is 20" deep - but I'm pretty sure with a swing tongue and some manuevering it will fit lengthwise. My concern now is more with height. Does anyone know if this boat will fit in a garage with a 7' door height? - If not- any suggestions on making it fit? I know the trailer impacts the height - it has an ez loader.

Does anybody have a simialr set-up and how do you make it fit.

I appreciate any feedback

Thanks

CABoatGuy

Recruit
Re: Classic 170 garage ??'s

I have a 1989 Wellcraft Classic 170 with the same problem (length of garage vs length of boat) The only way to know for sure whether it will fit is to measure, but you probably can't do that if you're looking at purchasing a new trailer with a detachable tongue, or the boat is not currently sitting on a trailer.

My boat sits on a TrailRite trailer. I have about 6" of clearance between a standard tilt up garage door and the top of the windshield.

My trailer does not have a detachable tongue. I solved the length problem by re-arranging some garage clutter and putting the boat somewhat diagonally in the garage. I have a trailer dolly which helps me maneuver the boat into position. After the first time I got the boat into position, I put duct-tape on the floor around the tires so I know exactly where the tires need to go each time I put the boat back. Makes it easy to get it in just right.

Not sure if any of the info above will be helpful, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.