'73 Starcraft

lilangel

Recruit
We recently purchased a 1973 Starcraft.
The previous owners were sure of the model name of the boat.
Does anyone know how/where I would find this out? Should I contact Starcraft?
Same thing on the Evinrude engine that came with it? We're assuming it's the same year as the boat, but we're not sure on that either.

Thanks

lilangel

Recruit
Re: '73 Starcraft

On the engine, we're just trying to figure out the year... sorry

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Yep, pics will help. Can you find a model number on the motor? Those can be used to tell the year.

Huron Angler

Admiral

The data plate on the hull will have the model name...if that's missing the brochures will help. Is it a open bow or closed bow hull?

The outboard should have a number between the transom bolts that will identify the year. Or if you have photos Ezmobee can tell you a ballpark.:)

Congrats on the new boat!

lilangel

Recruit

Thanks for all your help.
I was able to locate the engine information by looking through some of the forums.

There was no data plate on the hull. We looked when we first bought it in order to get the title transferred over.

I will look through the forum link posted. I added a profile picture of the boat and added a couple pictures in an album (I'm assuming in my profile?). If anyone could be of any assistance, I would definitely appreciate it.

Thanks Huron Angler, we are very excited about our purchase!

paparoof

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here - it'll help if you get the picture into this thread. The easier it is for folks to see it, the easier it is for them to answer you.

picture.php

Me, I have no idea what model it is, except to say that it's fiberglass and the folks here are going to know the aluminum models much better. I still bet someone here knows exactly what it is.

Huron Angler

Admiral

It may be a Capri model tri-hull, they made them in various lengths througout the 70s. Very stable boats and nice it's a bowrider for lots of storage and seating.:)