90 hp evinrude. Better but not right.

misery

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok so i put the new power pack on the motor and took it for a cruise tonight to test it out. It started fine and idled fine, but when it put the throttle down it started to sputter and die out then it cleared out and took off.
At full throttle it seemed to work perfect, but if i backed it down to anything less than 3/4 throttle it would start to sputter and work poorly the longer i ran it the worse it got. I shut it down at one point and when it started back up it wouldn't take any throttle at all. The only way i got it to pick up any speed was to repeatedly press the primer switch on the key while slowly moving the throttle up until the motor picked up. When i
When i got it home i pulled the cover off the carbs and there was about 3 tablespoons of fuel in the bottom of the cover. I have family coming home this weekend and i need this boat to work. Any help offered is appriciated.

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 90 hp evinrude. Better but not right.

Float is sticking, fuel runs out of carbs into the cowl, or you have a fuel line leak.

How old is your gas? Sounds like you may have E10 gas eating your old fuel lines and the residue ends up in the carbs........In this case, clean fuel system, install new fuel hoses, and remove, clean, and rekit carbs.