Engine Upgrade, HELP?

Iceman Yella

Cadet
I have a 1985 21 ft scarab 1 with a mercrusier 350,with a alpha 1 . I want to get some more speed on the top end. Goes about 55mph right now and want to go faster. Anyone got suggestions on upgrades to give me more speed , is a super charger a good idea for this set up or any cheaper upgrades? Or would a new, bigger and more fuel efficient be a better option?

45Auto

Commander
Re: Engine Upgrade, HELP?

How much faster do you want to spend?

Or in other words, how many more cubic dollars would you like to have in your engine?

We need some parameters on what you're looking for. You want 2 MPH faster or 15 MPH faster? How much more than the boat is worth are you willing to spend? $500 budget or $5000 budget?

Iceman Yella

Cadet

I would like to gain as much speed as I can 10 + more if I can with out replacing the motor.

Cuyose

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You are looking at a minimum of 100+ more horsepower to do that with a torque curve to go with it, meaty area at 3500-4500 rpm. No way, no how its gonna be done with modifications less than the price of a faster boat.

acuraguy81

Petty Officer 1st Class

im sure pro charger makes a kit for that motor i would google them and ask about price. im guessing $4000 for a kit about 4-6psi super charger they can usually get ya 10 mph.