gas pissing out the side of bottom carb

vkilcommons

Recruit
why does gas **** out the left side of my bottom carb when the motor is running i took the carbs off to clean them because the boats was sitting for a while the boat had no power at full throttle i cleaned them put the back on and the boat ran great wide open at full throttle then all of a sudden she just died it seemed like she ran out of gas so i put a fresh tank and i still had a problem starting it back up so when i got home i got it running and it was running a little choppy so i took the carbs off again cleaned them and when i put the back on she started right up but gas is now pissing out the left side of the bottom carb please help me i am out of ideas is this bad :confused:

john from md

Commander
Re: gas pissing out the side of bottom carb

Some how you either knocked off the float pivot pin or bent the float so that the fuel level is too high. That is why the fuel is coming out of the fuel vent.

Get out your manual and adjust the float level.

jason32038

Chief Petty Officer

Mine too. Comes out both sides of the middle carb when I squeeze the primer ball. Comes out on one side when cranking engine. Haven't had a chance to look at it but seems like we have a float problem.

john from md

Commander

Either a float problem or the needle valve and seat need replacing.

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I had this issue a while back and the float was not set properly. If you take the carb off, the float should hang perpendicular/flat with the carb turned upside down. Adjustments to the float height are made by bending the tab at the back side of the float near the needle.