Bilge pump

stoksey25

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi there I am trying to find out where and how to fit a bilge pump . I have had the boat and replaced the floor but there was no pump when I had the boat. Could you tell me where and how to do this please. Some pics would be a great help
Many thanks

n315on

Cadet
Re: Bilge pump

Hi there I am trying to find out where and how to fit a bilge pump . I have had the boat and replaced the floor but there was no pump when I had the boat. Could you tell me where and how to do this please. Some pics would be a great help
Many thanks

Is this boat an I/O or outboard? The pump on an I/O is usually in the pit below the engine. Mine has a strap on it an it just bolts to the transom below the floor. The pump should be in the lowest part of the boat were the water gathers.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Hello Stok..

You want your pump in the lowest part of the bilge "when in water" and that can be accessable..

How you would mount it would be depending on the pump itself. Some have different mount points.. you would most likely have to mount it to the glass bottom .. or if yours is alum you will have to make a bracket.

Then of cource there is your auto-float switch .. which is mounted accordingly..and direcly connected to your battery ( with fuse ).

Do you want a dedicated switch to turn it on when you desire as well as auto ? ..then you have to run seperate wires and switch to your switch location/battery (with fuse)/pump.

I believe your pump instructions show you diagrams of every way you want to hook it up.

YD.

stoksey25

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Many thanks how high should the auto switch be in the boat I am thinking as low as I can get it while still working. Its a ob motor .Any pics of how any are mounted would be of great help regards Neil