Bravo 1 shift cable questions

03silvers

Seaman Apprentice
My shift cable bellow tore and let a lot of water in my boat. Not a fun time. I ordered the new kit and installed it yesterday. I'm not sure I have it routed correctly bit that's another issue. When installing the drive unit end of the cable, everyone says the keeper jaws in the drive must stay open as you mate the drive back to the gimbal housing. Well my jaws were closed but the cable appeared to be locked in. It also shifts normal on the water. Should I take the drive apart again and reinstall?

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bravo 1 shift cable questions

Howdy,

Was the cable "end" "captured" in the "jaws" when they were closed (before you pushed it together)?

If it was, then you're fine. If they weren't "in the jaws" it shouldn't work correctly. (or it won't for long.....)

If you're not sure, you could separate the drive from the gimbal and look without completely pulling the drive.

I would want to know for sure before I go screaming at the dock and find out that it won't go into REV when it needs to!!!(like when I'm about to hit the dock!!!)

Regards,

Rick

03silvers

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Bravo 1 shift cable questions

yes it appeared captured...what happened was the keeper clicked into what i believe is forward gear (the keeper clicked back into the drive) once assembled i returned it to neutral. It worked fine in the water so i assume it is locked in good. Only issue i still have is a stiff shifter now. I assume its because of the way i routed the cable