rebuilding an old evenrude

FLBert

Cadet
My Cusion Just gave me two motors, (I made a post last night but I cannot find it now). One is an evenrude Coweling says 25 hp, Model no. FD-22E, When I go by the model No. it says that it is a 20 Hp Johnson. But when I look at the diagrams, the parts from the 1969 25 hp Evenrude is a better match, Such as the gear case and the lower unit. I am trying to locate a carb for this motor. My cusion pulled the carb from the motor below and put it on this one. He said that it never ran right after that

The other one is a 20 hp johnson Model No. FD-20C. Which I have not located any information on as of yet. The thing I have noticed is that all the parts are inter-changeable. Looks to be the smae power head, The lower unit and the gearcase are totaly different.

And, No, I am not going to try to make a 40 hp out of it.

I have located the other parts I need like the magneto and the gear case parts I need but, I can't find a carb and I am not sure which I should use once located. The one for the 20 hp or the 25 hp. The carb that was on there is shot.

I will try to post pics tomorrow.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: rebuilding an old evenrude

FD-20=1966 20hp
FD-22=1968 20hp
According to the parts breakdown the carbs have different part numbers. When you look for a carb look for one for the year motor you are working on. Most lilely you will have to try salvage yards to find what you need.

FLBert

Cadet
Re: rebuilding an old evenrude

Yep, thats what its looking like. Although I do have one place I mihgt find one, but more then likely it will be the salvage yard. The 1966 motor is shot. I am going to pull of what extra parts that are useable and scrap the rest.
Thanks for the info on the years.