How to tighten I bolts

I have a 1987 Skeeter 150 both of my i bolts are coming loose i can not find the nuts any where. I have looked inside the boat from both sides a there is not anything.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: How to tighten I bolts

You could double nut each bolt and add Loctite to threads or buy some Nyloc nuts at Hardware store, either way will work. Good Luck!

cr2k

Captain

If you can't find the backs of the eye bolts then you probably need to install new ones if the old ones are too loose to properly function.

I am betting you just have not found the nuts. May be under spray on foam or buried in a corner.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I think he meant that he could not find the end if the bolt.

Well, I hope they are not just I-screws that someone added.

I guess I would contact a Skeeter dealer.

Last resort, add a new set of thru bolted eyes.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Stern Eyes are installed in the hull before the boat is decked. Do you not have access through your port and starboard hatches to reach up and outboard to feel the nuts? I'd be surprised if Skeeter didn't give you some sort of access...

sorry i didnt give enough info. i can not find any part of the i bolt once it goes in from the back, i have been upside down on my head in both sides of the boat and cant find them at all they are not in a corner or anything its like they dont come all the way through. i guess like the other guy said they are probably installed from factory before it is decked i guess i will put new ones in after i contact a dealer and make sure i cant get to them. thanks......

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

If they need replaced maybe just cut them off and shine a light or run a weedeater string and see where it comes out at.