94 Johnson 115 V4 VRO problem

seansmoneypit

Recruit
I have a 94 Johnson 115 V4 and have had some problems. After many weekends at the marina of troubleshooting I had to turn to a mechanic to help me out.
Well to make a long story short...the VRO pump is missing and the guy who had it before just hooked the oil line from the tank to the pulse connection fitting and the boat wouldn't run (big surprise)
So instead of dropping 400 bux into a new VRO pump I would like to know how to bypass and just premix. Any suggestions.
Pictures and diagrams appreciated (novice boat guy here!)
Thanks for the help
:confused:

chipper4344

Recruit
Re: 94 Johnson 115 V4 VRO problem

from what I've read on the forums, it's disconnection the oil line from the pump and plug and seal it (air tight) Also disconnection the electrical feed to the pump and disable the alarm. That are tons of information about it if you search either VRO or oil injection.

I'm having a problem with mine as well, however, not sure If my oil alarms are working.

seansmoneypit

Recruit

Found a kit at maxrules.com to eliminate the VRO and premix. Hope this works. Thanks for the help guys!

d.boat

Chief Petty Officer

How was the fuel being pumped? The VRO/OMS pump is both oil and gas in one pump. If the pump is removed, the fuel pump is gone too. Plus, the pump is run from the pulse fitting (the pulse drives an air motor which in turn drives both the fuel and oil portions of the pump in proper ratios) - so if the oil line was hooked to the pulse fitting, what was running the fuel pump? Did he replace it with an electric fuel pump or something?

Very interesting, like you my thought is wwwaaaa? is that guy thinking? This just doesn't make sense, even if the guy knew nothing about anything!